Thursday, February 19, 2009

A break from the norm

So this week is fashion week in my favorite city. I was there in the fall for fashion week, but unforch didn't get to catch any shows *tear* but saw copious amounts of tall long lean bitches all over the island. In honor of fashion week I have been (procrastinating on the other 109236178538097264 things I need to do) looking at the latest- I can't call them trends/styles, um lets say concepts. Beginning with the most ridiculous, i mean, practical -->

imagine a fashionista in NYC wearing this. I'm not sure it inspires me in the way some of the typically unusual fashion week items do. I love getting crazy dressed up, but my guess that bedazled rabbit mask wasn't found at the dollar tree....

However THIS is glorious!
It reminds me of the classic, sophicated, chic styles of decades past. VINTAGE INSPIRED. I want it all. Especially the giant flower. It may be simple, but I think its great.



These are more 'wild' at least in the semi-practical-might-actually-see-someone-wear it kind of way... the one on the right... L O V E

No comments: