Job Update: The new job is awesome! After my first day I already had stories about crazy patients and had learned/practiced many skills. HOWEVER, Tuesday I had classroom training, which was 8 hours of power point presentations on a variety of subjects. Boring subjects. I'm waiting to get back to my unit because this classroom stuff is C R A P! I have classroom training until Friday at noon when I get to go back to the unit and work for a few hours!
Monday was so rough on my body. My feet hurt, my legs were sore and my head was spinning... so I took a nice nap when I got home... What a HUGE difference from sitting on my ass for 8 hours a day to hiking up and down the hall, lifiting, moving and assisting patients allllll day. However, I LOVED being mentally stimulated and interacting with patients, even though it is thankless hard work. My coworkers were great and they even seem semi-normal thus far! They have people/social skills, which is a HUGE change. I love it!
Other News: I called my baby kitty (Fancy Pants Nunez) by my old baby kitties name. Got a little misty eyed for my Cookie cat. She was my fabulous feline, who snored loud, had sharp talons, loved 'cookie' treats, had spots on her belly, loved having people food, and always came running when I came to visit. :*-( its like losing a family member.
Once I get into the swing of things I want to pick up the Bikram yoga again.. I'm fucking paying for it but have been too busy/lazy/sick to go. WOMP. I can't wait to start up again, its the best thing I have ever done for myself! AND I want to lose a few pounds... eating crap is starting to catch up and its almost swim suit season!!! (WHAT WAS I THINKING) FML!!
I'm definatly missing FBing all day at work. I feel totally disconnected without constant internet access!!! I'm behind on my blog reading, sample sale shopping, gossip pages, fb picture/profile viewing... its so hard to fit it all in when I can't get my paws on a real computer all day! The worst part of all... my unit is in the middle of the hospital so it is a black hole of internet access/cell phone reception so I have to travel to access my busy email inbox, check messages and make phone calls! What a hassle! (haha I was soooo spoiled before with the easiest/shittyest job ever)
OK I'm done... I think...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
congrats on the new job!
do you remember the apollo earrings giveaway from leah sakellarides on joanna's blog a few weeks ago?! well leah is giving away an even bigger piece this week on my blog, macaroni club! she is so talented, and so sweet to do this! i'd like to invite you to come visit macaroni club, and if you like this piece of leah's, sign up to win it!
xo... sarah
Post a Comment