Tuesday, April 7, 2009

All things Easter

On my daily blog reading (a list that is growing fast) I came across this post at it just warmed my heart. Not only do I LOVE the idea of Easter bonnets, but I LOVE cute old people. This being the first Easter and second holiday with out my Grandad, the fam has kinda given up on celebrating. Which has pros and cons. Pro: We don't have to deal with the ONE crazy/freaky part of the family. Con: I still wanna hunt for Easter eggs filled with lottery tickets and cash.

It was proposed by some family member that we gather and at least have a Easter feast. Which I am 120% supportive of.

If you know me, you know that I am not religious at all, neither is my family. Never have been, never will be, and I love it and would never change a thing (thats another post allll together). Holidays like Easter, Flag Day, Groundhogs Day, etc are just excelent excuses to get together, drink wine and eat lots of really yummy food. This year there will be no egg hunt or pastel decorations, just bright spring flowers from the yard and red wine flowing from the kitchen/dining room/living room/backyard, YAY!

Now comes the part where I want to wear a freakin Easter bonnet. I found these great images of springy hats of years past. Vintage of course. So fabulous.Obsessed with those buttons.Where do I get some cute gloves?

Should I wear my Sunday best (haha i dont even know what that means) to Easter? Hat and all? I'm sure I have something awesomely vintage I could pull together for this semi-special occasion!

No comments: